You can register here to attend the Assembly
We will publish on this thread also the rest of the materials for the Assembly, Introductory Remarks by the Coordinator, etc.
Nationalist Governments are already joining forces.
They just met in Warsaw with Orbàn and Le Pen for a plan to tear Europe apart.
Pro-European governments don't seem an alternative strong enough, being dominated by the short-term nation-centered electoral policy.
Citizens are needed, united by long-term objectives pursued through the activation of participatory democracy.
EUMANS is the organization we want to create for that purpose. The path to follow will be discussed on the occasion of the quarterly EUMAS Members Assembly on Thursday December 16, from 6 PM to 8.30 PM CET with interpretation in English and Italian, and open to everyone.
Register here to receive the unique link to attend the Assembly!
The Agenda for Thursday the 16th discussion is about pan-European campaigns to be launched on the occasion of the first EUMANS Congress in Warsaw (yes, we too in Poland!), on March 11 and 12, on issues such as climate change, cannabis, euthanasia, reproductive rights, the activation of democracy while the Conference on the future of Europe still lacks to deliver on concrete proposals of EU reforms)."The aim of the Association is to promote the establishment of EUMANS! as a pan-European Movement of popular and nonviolent initiatives, which has among its objectives the defense of human rights and fundamental freedoms, the affirmation of the rule of law and democracy, the protection of the ecosystem and sustainable development". (art. 2, Eumans' provisional Statute).
Register now to attend the EUMANS Assembly!
Here you can find some documents and updates:
- EUMANS statute
- The Presentation of the EUMANS Congress in Warsaw and the Concept Note
- All the Thursday Meetings recordings in preparation of the Congress in Warsaw, Poland
- "European living will" and euthanasia meeting
- Cannabis legalization draft European Citizen Initiative and 9/12 meeting recording
- [url="https://eumans.eu/globalcarbonpricing']Appeal for a global price on carbon[/url]
- Cittadin3 per il Clima - Italian bill of popular initiativefor a citizen assembly by sortition on climate change
- Amendment (approved by the European Parliament) to inform on European Citizens Initiatives
- Initiatives during the Conference on the Future of Europe in Florence for the European Citizens Assembly (in collaboration with Citizens Take Over Europe e Politici Per Caso)
We will write you in the next few days with more updates - in the meantime don't forget to register
See you on Thursday!
Marco Cappato, President of EUMANS