Dear all, it is official: the deadline for the collection of signatures on the European Citizens Initiative StopGlobalWarming.eu is now the 22nd of April.
At this link, you can find the press release to be shared with any organisation, person, individual who you had been in contact with so far.https://eumans.eu/climate-1-milion-sign ... -earth-day
To sort of quote @Marco Cappato: this is really a once in a lifetime opportunity.
These are some stuff we can do:
- reconnect with those who supported the initiative so far to ask for a stronger shared effort
- keep involving municipalities
- join or launch a local committee to collect signatures online and offline (comment below so we can discuss together the best way to do it)
But I suggest we use this thread to launch a bit of brainstorming: what is that type of action that can bring the attention of the European media and public sphere on this big challenge? What else we can dot? To discuss this more thoroughly the invite is also to join the EUMANS weekly meeting every thursday.
Create your profile and meet other EUMANS, take part in conversations, preparation of initiatives, and coordination of new actions. You can also discuss EUMANS Statute and have your say in the creation of the paneuropean Movement of popular initiative. If you register on EUMANS Agorà you can also receive all the updates about upcoming meetings, the calendar of initiatives, and other updates on our actions.
The European Citizens Initiative for a carbon pricing in the European Union: theory and practice.
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 04 Dec 2020 21:20
- Country: BELGIUM
- City: Bruxelles
- Organizations: EUMANS, Science for Democracy, Citizens Take Over Europe, ECI Campaign, Lesbiche Bologna
Coordinator of EUMANS