On the 23rd of June from 3.30 PM to 5 PM CET on the eve of the International Day to Fight Drug Trafficking and Drug Abuse EUMANS, Science for Democracy and Associazione Luca Coscioni in collaboration with UNITE Global Parliamentarians Network organise “A European Way for Legal Cannabis” a webinar within the context of the Italian Festival “Un Giorno Legale” (a play on words that can mean "an entire day on legalization" and "one day it will be legal") to accompany a parliamentary debate on a draft bill that could regulate domestic growing of four cannabis plants.
European legislators and activists would share their national situations and address what still needs to be done on cannabis reforms nationally strategising on what can be promoted at the EU level including a possible European Citizens Initiative to urge structural continental changes that can have significant impact at the national level.
Date: 23rd of June
Time: 3.30 - 5PM CET
Languages: Italian and English direct interpretation
Registration Zoom Link
Facilitator Virginia Fiume, co-president of the paneuropean citizens movement EUMANS
Introduction Marco Perduca, Founder of Science for Democracy, Former Italian Senator
- Dario Sabaghi, Contributor at Forbes
- Magdalena Dabkowska, Drug Policy Coordinator at Helsinki Foundation for Human Rights in Poland
- Morgana Daniele, MP of Lithuania and member of UNITE Global Parliamentarians Network
- Ricardo Baptista Leite, Member of Parliament, Portugal, President and Founder of UNITE Global Parliamentarians Network
- Derrick Bergman, Chairman VOC Nederland (Union for the abolition of cannabis prohibition)
- Maria Krause, Political Speaker Deutschen Hanfverband
- Natalie O'Reagan, Researcher on Drug Policy and Cannabis Reforms in Ireland