EUMANS ARE CITIZENS AND ACTIVISTS FROM ALL AROUND EUROPE ENGAGED IN A BOTTOM-UP POLITICAL MOBILIZATION FOR SOCIALLY AND DEMOCRATICALLY SUSTAINABLE EU POLICIES. THE IDEA TO JOIN EFFORTS AND ACT TOGETHER IS BY MARCO CAPPATO, A FORMER MEP AND A NONVIOLENT LEADER IN ITALY.
EUMANS is the movement of citizens for democracy and sustainability.
We started our movement with the belief that citizens’ participation in shaping transnational, national and local policies cannot and shouldn’t be limited to “election days”.
Direct actions, nonviolent initiatives, participatory democracy instruments and citizens-led mobilisation can help the European Union, the EU Member States and the local administrations to achieve the change needed that are too often held hostage to the fight for electoral consensus.
Launched in 2019 by Italian political activist Marco Cappato, EUMANS exists thanks to the daily commitment of hundreds of activists and citizens that decide to put their time and energies into small and big actions. And to define together the mechanism of collaboration and action.
Our initiatives and the initiatives we support are based on the collaboration and cooperation with informal groups of citizens, local committees, grassroots movements and civil society organisations, as well as all the political parties’ representatives who share our goals:
- Measures for the protection of the rule of law and fundamental rights
- Carbon Pricing in the European Union and other sustainable policies based on the UN Sustainable Development goals, through the StopGlobalWarming.eu European Citizens Initiative
- Strengthening participatory democracy instruments, included sortition based citizens Assemblies starting from the Conference on the Future of Europe through our participation in the Citizens Take Over Europe Coalition
- Digital Rights, Science Freedom, Cannabis Legalisation, Political Rights
- Development of instruments of collaboration and deliberation
EUMANS meet every week on Thursday at 6PM CET (register here to join the weekly meetings). All our meetings are public and recorded. And you can find them on the EUMANS Youtube Channel.
EUMANS aims to develop and use instruments of collaboration, with the goal of creating a transparent and collaborative space where each citizen can get active on the issue that matters the most for him/her/they.
Everyone can join EUMANS as a member with a monthly fee of 6 euros and / or can register as an activist for free on EUMANS Agora, subscribing the Activation Agreement.